Your garage door panels may get dented or damaged with regular operations or misuse. They may even start looking old after many years of wear and tear. Always buy the right garage door panels to replace them. If you choose the wrong type of garage door for installation, it may not fit correctly even if it looks similar. To avoid this situation, check the model and make of the existing door.
When Is It Needed to Replace Your Garage Door Panels?
There are multiple reasons which lead to damage or a need to install the garage doors Las Vegas. Like a heavy storm or hailstones or heavy debris, balls kicked by kids denting doors. You may accidentally drive your car into the door, denting it. Replacing the entire door is not necessary, rather just replace the panels. It is a smart and cost-effective move to replace the garage door panels which could be done quite quickly and easily.
Why Replace the Door Panels?
If the panels on your garage door have certain damage, then replacing them as soon as possible is needed! A damaged door will put pressure on the entire garage door opening system. It is best to replace the panels to keep the door working correctly by following these steps:
1. Disconnect the power supply to the automatic garage door opener after raising the garage door.
2. Carefully remove the tension from the springs.
3. Remove the bottom panel easily use a scrap 2-by-4 to prop it 3 or 4 inches off the ground after carefully lowering the door.
4. Just below the bearings for the second panel attach a couple of vise clamps to the garage door tracks. This will be a support to the upper part of the door to keep it stay in place.
5. Loosen the bolts on the brackets that are holding the bottom panel by reattaching the nut driver.
6. Lower the bottom panel & place another 2-by-4 on the edge beneath the door to support it.
7. Remove and replace the bolts holding the bottom panel with a new panel.
8. Attach all the brackets, pre-drill holes, and mount the new handle. Reconnect the tension springs and garage door opener after raising the garage door.
9. Finally, do priming & painting of the door.
Garage door panels play a vital role in how your garage door looks like. Over time, panels may become unsightly due to physical damage and discoloration. Fortunately, you can always get in touch with Infinity garage to replace the garage door panels. Without replacing the entire system refresh the appearance of your entire garage door Las Vegas.